Get Into Golf Scheme
** STARTS 3rd MAY 2020 **
This offer is specifically aimed at non-golfers wishing to try golf.
Initial taster sessions include provision of golfing equipment if required and coaching (minimal charge applies).
In 2018, 30 ladies and 7 men took part in the Get-into-Golf Programme, all the men and 17 ladies signed up for the follow-on membership offers. In 2019 we had 20 ladies and 11 men who took part in our Programme, 15 of the ladies joined as members along with all 11 men.
New members from Get into Golf are entitled to significant reductions in annual subscriptions over a period of 3 years to enable integration to the club and the game of golf.
Restrictions apply, full details below and attached. At any time you may change to full membership with no restrictions for appropriate fee.
Why Golf & Why Become a Member
- Unlimited Access to Course – being a member gives you the opportunity to play when you like and generally as often as you like.
- Play Competitive Golf – only by being a member of a golf club can you play regular official club competitions.
- Choose How Much You Play – you could choose only to play 9 holes or a smaller loop of 5 or 6 holes if you prefer. You generally wouldn’t have this option with pay as you play golf.
- A Great Clubhouse Environment – we offer a great place for eating, drinking and socialising with your friends, with value-for-money prices.
- A Sense of Belonging – membership of Cushendall Golf Club is a great way to be part of the local community and network with other people from the area; we are a vital part of the local community.
- Meet New People – a chance to meet like-minded people, forming life-long friendships.
- Use of the Practice Facilities – you’ll get to improve your game on a regular basis with free use of the club’s practice facilities.
- Gain an official CONGU handicap – only by being a member of an GUI/ILGU affiliated golf club can you attain an official CONGU handicap, giving you the opportunity to play competitions at your home course and others.
- Get your handicap down! – playing competitions regularly gives you the chance to get your handicap down to your targeted level – what most golfers are striving for throughout their life!
- Play in Matches against other clubs – being part of CGC, you will have opportunity of representing your club in matches against other clubs, in the local area or further afield, whether you are a senior or junior, man or woman.
- Invite Your Friends – CGC offers preferential ‘Members’ Guest Rate’ green fees giving you the chance to invite your friends to play our course. By making this reciprocal among your golfing friends, you can play many great courses at a fraction of the normal price
Year 1 - Cannot play in club/2s competitions and may not play on teams. There will be separate get into golf competitions. Can play in open competitions when you have a congu handicap.
Year 2 - Cannot play in club major competitions. Mens (Presidents Day, Captains Day, Charlie McAuley, Kennedy Cup) Ladies (Presidents Day, Captains Day) There will be separate get into golf competitions for Presidents Day and Captains Days.
Year 3 - No restrictions